District businesses selling food or alcohol will be charging $.05 for each disposable paper or plastic carryout bag. Find out about DC's Bag Law.
Small Business Energy Efficiency Program
Small Business Operations
The Small Business Energy Efficiency Program (SBEEP) provides technical and financial assistance to help qualified small businesses identify and install energy efficient measures that can reduce energy consumption and overall operating costs.
Local contractors are hired to supply and install audit-recommended energy efficient measures. By doing so, the program creates employment opportunities for District residents.
Qualified applicants are awarded up to $7,000 toward recommended energy improvements.
- Must own a certified small business located within the District of Columbia.
- Operate a for-profit business enterprise that is either a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, sole proprietorship or other legal business entity.
- Have no more than 15 full-time equivalent employees and less than one million dollars in annual revenue.
- Air Sealing
- Energy Star Appliance
- Heating/Cooling System Repair or Replacement
- Hot Water Tank Repair or Replacement
- High Efficiency Lighting Fixtures and Bulbs
Measures do not include:
- Roof Leaks or Repairs
- Lead, Moisture, Asbestos, and Mold Remediation