District businesses selling food or alcohol will be charging $.05 for each disposable paper or plastic carryout bag. Find out about DC's Bag Law.
Energy Assistance and Weatherization
DDOE can help you with your energy and utility bills. We have financial assistance, discounts and late bill forgiveness programs.
Services for Low-Income Residents
- Help paying your utility bills (LIHEAP)
- Discounts on your utility bills (UDP)
- Help weatherizing your home (WAP)
- Free home energy audits (HERS)
Additional Resources for Residents:
- Energy Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
- Additional Energy Efficiency Resources for Residents
- Renewable Energy Incentives Program (REIP) for Residents
- Renewable Energy Incentives Program (REIP) for Low-Income Residents
- Additional Renewable Energy Resources for Residents
Additional Resources for Businesses:
- Small Business Energy Efficiency Program
- Renewable Energy Incentives Program (REIP) for Businesses
- Additional Renewable Energy Resources for Businesses
Get Ready to Take Control - Pepco Smart Meters
Get a new smart meter from Pepco to help you take control of the energy you use in your home each and every day.