District businesses selling food or alcohol are required to charge $.05 for each disposable paper or plastic carryout bag. Find out about DC's Bag Law.
Energy Assistance and Weatherization
DDOE can help you with your energy and utility bills. We have financial assistance, discounts and late bill forgiveness programs.
Services for Low-Income Residents
- Help paying your utility bills (LIHEAP)
- Discounts on your utility bills (UDP)
- Help weatherizing your home (WAP)
Additional Resources for Residents:
- Energy Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
- Additional Energy Efficiency Resources for Residents
- EnergySmartDC Solar Initiative for Residents
- EnergySmartDC Solar Initiative for Low-Income Residents
- Additional Renewable Energy Resources for Residents
- Energy Efficiency Workshop and Kit
- Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audits
Additional Resources for Businesses:
- EnergySmartDC Solar Initiative for Businesses
- Additional Renewable Energy Resources for Businesses
- Energy Efficiency Resources for Businesses
Get Ready to Take Control - Pepco Smart Meters
Get a new smart meter from Pepco to help you take control of the energy you use in your home each and every day.